For the past five years, the country of Syria has transformed into a battlefield. Today, no one is truly safe. Terrorist, government, and rebel factions are massacring innocent people, and President Bashar al-Assad is drafting all young men to his security forces. Sammar Smesme exposes the appalling reality of everyday life for Syrians and shares interviews with her cousins—one living near Damascus and the other in a refugee camp.Read More
These articles represent the views of the authors only, and do not constitute the positions of UCLA, the International Institute, or the Center for Middle East Development. Articles are primarily written by UCLA undergraduate students.
- Syria Opposition Proposes Ceasefire
- Egypt Constitutional Referendum
- Iran Nuclear Deal Goes Into Effect Monday
- 3rd Anniversary of the Tunisian Revolution
- Special Tribunal for Lebanon Begins
(Photo: Ahmed Abd el-Fatah | Flickr)Read More