How did an election outcome that was supposed to have ushered in a new era of democratization and peace, instead lead the state into turmoil? The current violence is the cumulation of two coinciding developments: the rise of autonomous Kurdish territories in Syria, and the rise of the HDP.Read More
These articles represent the views of the authors only, and do not constitute the positions of UCLA, the International Institute, or the Center for Middle East Development. Articles are primarily written by UCLA undergraduate students.
In this weekend roundup...
- Talks with Iran on long-term accord begin in February, officials say
- Egypt to hold early presidential election
- Protesters and police clash in Bahrain
- Suicide Bomber Targets Afghan Army Vehicle
- Syria Talks Appear Deadlocked as Sides Disagree Over Goals