Afghanistan and opium share an ancient history together. However, with opium sales and use booming, Afghanistan and the drug trade have never been as intertwined as they are today. What are the causes of the exponential rise in Afghan opium cultivation and what can be done to curb it?Read More
These articles represent the views of the authors only, and do not constitute the positions of UCLA, the International Institute, or the Center for Middle East Development. Articles are primarily written by UCLA undergraduate students.
In this weekend roundup...
- Talks with Iran on long-term accord begin in February, officials say
- Egypt to hold early presidential election
- Protesters and police clash in Bahrain
- Suicide Bomber Targets Afghan Army Vehicle
- Syria Talks Appear Deadlocked as Sides Disagree Over Goals